Wednesday, 25 January 2017

TOPSHOP BEAUTY HAUL // £1 LIPSTICKS

 The Topshop beauty range is something I've raved about on here before, I featured their powder highlighter in my '2016 Beauty Favourites' post recently. Topshop lipsticks are equally as brilliant and if you haven't picked one up yet then you really must. Can you imagine my excitement when I popped into Topshop the other day to find a selection of their makeup products were on sale for £1?! Naturally I had to pick up 5 lipsticks and I can't wait to wear them all.




 I'm so glad there was a good selection of shades, it also meant I could pick up some colours that I normally wouldn't reach for but I can't wait to try them out with different looks. The colours I bought were; Black Widow, Sweet Orchid, Champion, Brighton Rock and Muse. Topshop lipsticks are such good quality even for the original price of £8. Despite these being 'matte' lipsticks, they are really creamy and don't dry your lips out at all. However, this does mean they're not super matte but their longevity is great and I will usually pop some powder over the top to make them more matte anyway.


  • BLACK WIDOW: A dark berry shade, comes out more purple than red. I haven't tried this properly yet but I can imagine with a simple eye look this vampy shade would look gorgeous.


  •  CHAMPION: I wore this in my last outfit post and I'm obsessed! I needed a new classic red lipstick and for a pound this is really a big win. This is a true bright red shade and looks amazing. This is probably the shade I will reach for most out of these, the quality is so good and finish of this lipstick is beautiful.



  • SWEET ORCHID: The second purple shade of this haul, and the most unique too. This is such a pretty lilac colour. I tried this on and I really like it, not an everyday shade but, I think with the right outfit this lip could be worn and look really cool.


  •  MUSE: Another darker shade that I felt I needed in my life, this is a simple brown shade, however I've tried this on and it's not my favourite. Whether it is my skin tone or was the application, this didn't really suit me. But, with a good brown lip pencil I think I can possibly make it work. I would probably need a proper matte texture to pull of the 90's brown lip, and this one is just too glossy. 

  

  • BRIGHTON ROCK: This lipstick has been raved about before from other bloggers so obviously I needed to give this a whirl when I saw it was on sale. I usually don't reach for pink lipsticks but this colour is so gorgeous and surprisingly suited me. It's a mid-tone pink but I think this would look good on so many skin colours. I'm really pleasantly surprised and I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this, especially in the spring/summer. It's also one of those shades that isn't too bright that you need a lip liner to pull it off- which I'm all for. 



Have you tried any Topshop makeup? If so, what should I buy next?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig